Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in ir transmission range with tsop1738

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to TSOP1738 datasheet, 1 ms burst 6 ms gap should work.

I'm not sure if the timer setup will arrive at 38 kHz. Did you check the actual output with an oscilloscope? What's the exact output frequency?

the actual freequency comes out at controllet pin is11khz..! dat is due to 38khz on for 1ms and 38khz off for 6ms..!

the actual freequency comes out at controllet pin is11khz..! dat is due to 38khz on for 1ms and 38khz off for 6ms..!
???? I was asking if the burst frequency is actually 38 kHz +/- 5%, as required for maximum sensitivity. Did you check with an oscilloscope?

P.S.: I verified, that the burst frequency is 38.4 kHz with a crystal frequency of 11.059 MHz and the given timer settings. In so far the design should work.

I'm not sure about the expectable range. It will be surely considerably lower than with a regular remote control setup, because the beam is reflected diffusely once.

Last edited:

yes it is..38khz..! so what else should do now..?

heya m still not got any progress..some how i conclude i need fast switching circuit to drive ir led..! can u help..! using fET...i am not getting hig range,,!

Status
Not open for further replies.