Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in compiling a project using Protel 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

kling

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unused sub-part

Hi,

I'm currently using Protel 2004 to design a DC brushless actuator schematic design. However, I encountered some problem in compiling the project. Warnings like adding items to hidden net GND/VCC, Net (...) has no driving source, component SN74AC14D has unused subpart (3,4,5,6), floating net label and errors like GND contains HiZ pin and power pin objects came up and I can't generate the PCB. Anyone know how to solve the probems? Thx~!

warning floating net label

elo,
i am facing the same problem as you are.. to overcome that problem you can choose to ignore that rules... hope this would be helpful..

Most of your problems can be solved with proper setting of the Connection Matrix. You can find it in Project -> Project Options -> Connection Matrix. Also you can set your own properties for error reporting in the Project -> Project Options -> Error Reporting.
But I strongly recommend to you: check your connections one more, try to analyse your schematic library components, properly set up pin properties, compare your schematic component and PCB footprint for full pins matching etc. Because disdain of your problems might be cause of hardware problems.
Good luck!

Warnings don't keep you from exporting the netlist to the PCB. They are only there to let you know what MIGHT be a problem.

"Connecting hidden net" means that you have hidden power pins on some of you devices. The warning is to let you know that the software is making connections you won't see. If you want to see them, unhide the pins.

"Floating Net Label" means you have a net designator that isn't attached to a wire or pin. This is an error that needs to get fixed. All you have to do is move the net label so it is connected to the pin or wire.

"Unused sub part" is only a warning that you have a multipart device where only one part is actually connected. Some devices require pins in unused sections to either be grounded or connected to VCC. This warning gives you a chance to make things right, if necessary.

"No driving source" means that the software can't identify what the driving signal is supposed to be. It is warning you to check that connection. This warning doesn't stop you from exporting the netlist to the PCB.

Likewise, "GND contains Hi Z pin" is telling you that you have grounded a pin that is identified as high impedance. This is unusual, so the software is simply trying to get you to make sure it's really OK.

Warnings like the above aren't intended to stop you - they are only intended to get you to confirm that everything is connected as you intended. The only ones from all the ones you mentioned that may need to get fixed is the disconnected net caused by the floating net label, and the hidden pin warning. The hidden pins are something to be very careful with. In my opinion, you should unhide the pins and make sure they are connected to the proper power supplies.

Thank u guys so much for ur help! Now my probs are solved...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back