Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem getting ping (icmp reply) with VLANs

Status
Not open for further replies.

purki

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem with VLANs

Hello!

I have problem using VLANs. I have envirement as shown in image attached. But unfortunately from Windows machnine I can only ping one IP defined on Linux machine. When cable is disconnected from port that I access Linux PC, connection is established on second port and so on.

My question is: Is it possible to ping all of IP addresses at the same time, separated on different LAN cables between switches. And how to do that.

Tnx

Re: problem with VLANs

What's the ipconfig + route like on the windows machine?

What's the ifconfig + route like on the linux machine?

What is the vlan, ip and routing config on the 2 nifty switch/router pink thingies?

And by config I mean what are the devices (cisco XYZ) and what is the actual command line for that.

Just a quick thought ... how about explicitely tagging all your VLAN's, just to avoid any surprises, and see if that helps any. Been there, done that, t-shirts and stuff.

When you send pings, other packets, do you see a corresponding increase on the appropriate counters on the switch/router pink thingies?

Does the icmp packet actually arrive on the linux machine (use tcpdump, wireshark, etc) but does the return icmp reply not make it back to the windows machine?

Added after 6 minutes:

Also, I notice it says trunk on the linux side. Is that an actual trunk with 2+ teamed NICs, or a random remark?

Status
Not open for further replies.