Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem deleting no name folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaprin90

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I created a no name folder using command Alt+255 and now I can't delete that folder. Can anyone please assist me how to delete that no name folder...?

In a command prompt, in the parent folder, try putting the alt-255 character within quote marks. Like you would for a name with spaces in it. for instance:

> rmdir "alt-255"

Thanks for your reply...i tried this but it is still there on my desktop....:(

I take it we are talking about Microsoft Windows?

I have just tried it, like this:

Open a command prompt in the desktop directory.
Create a folder on my desktop with atl-255 character as the name using md "alt-255"
Then I deleted it with rmdir "alt-255"

It worked, the folder was deleted.

Try again... if it does not work, make sure that you have full control permission for the desktop folder, the folder is not read-only, it is empty, and tell me exactly how you are doing it.

Edit: In fact, I've just tried to delete it from the desktop simply by right-clicking and selecting delete. The folder was deleted. No problem. Perhaps your issue is permissions or something else.

Using the command md "alt-255", a folder with name alt-255 is created and then using rmdir "alt-255" the folder is deleted, yes its working but the folder on my desktop doesn't have any name. Its a no name folder..

I would have thought it very obvious that you don't actually type "alt-255", you press the alt key down while type 255.

I made the no name folder on my desktop the same way you did, and deleted it the way I said above. It works. If it doesn't work for you then there is some other reason and I give up.

I would have thought it very obvious that you don't actually type "alt-255", you press the alt key down while type 255.

I made the no name folder on my desktop the same way you did, and deleted it the way I said above. It works. If it doesn't work for you then there is some other reason and I give up.

Lolz...sorry that was stupid on my part... Well thanks now I successfully deleted that folder... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back