Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaprin90

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I created a no name folder using command Alt+255 and now I can't delete that folder. Can anyone please assist me how to delete that no name folder...?

In a command prompt, in the parent folder, try putting the alt-255 character within quote marks. Like you would for a name with spaces in it. for instance:

> rmdir "alt-255"

Thanks for your reply...i tried this but it is still there on my desktop....

I take it we are talking about Microsoft Windows?

I have just tried it, like this:

Open a command prompt in the desktop directory.
Create a folder on my desktop with atl-255 character as the name using md "alt-255"
Then I deleted it with rmdir "alt-255"

It worked, the folder was deleted.

Try again... if it does not work, make sure that you have full control permission for the desktop folder, the folder is not read-only, it is empty, and tell me exactly how you are doing it.

Edit: In fact, I've just tried to delete it from the desktop simply by right-clicking and selecting delete. The folder was deleted. No problem. Perhaps your issue is permissions or something else.

Using the command md "alt-255", a folder with name alt-255 is created and then using rmdir "alt-255" the folder is deleted, yes its working but the folder on my desktop doesn't have any name. Its a no name folder..

I would have thought it very obvious that you don't actually type "alt-255", you press the alt key down while type 255.

I made the no name folder on my desktop the same way you did, and deleted it the way I said above. It works. If it doesn't work for you then there is some other reason and I give up.

Lolz...sorry that was stupid on my part... Well thanks now I successfully deleted that folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…