Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Probe Fed Patch Antenna : S-Parameters improvement using HFSS. HELP needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafa040

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made this probe feed patch antenna for 2.85Ghz and it iz working fine but the s-parameter is too bad.kindly tell me the way to improve the s-parameter for it ..thnks alot.
antenna snaps are attached with it. cap1.PNG

Last edited:

you can say the basic parameter to design in HFSS for me?
I can simulate it for you and say the results.
but I don not have any idea about your problem. are you professional in working with HFSS?

HR Karami

sir , i am student of engineering .
and the design parameter(hfss) for my probe feed patch antenna are
f=2.85ghz
substrate=(FR4) with height=.15cm
Air(Vaccume) box between substrate and ground plane with height=.5cm
probe material=PEC with diameter =.127cm
coax meterial=teflon with diameter=.41cm
if you want me to attach my hfss file kindly let me know please..
THANKS ...

- - - Updated - - -

Capture.PNG
this is what i get at the ouput when i run my hfss antenna ..you can see that its s-parameter is not good ...kindly let me know how to improve it please..

I did not access to the HFSS on my system and I had to simulate and design a new antenna for you. you did not give me complete information for simulation. for example what is the location feed?
however to help you I simulate a patch antenna with probe feed and the other properties as follows,
L = 46.8
W = 33.2
h = 2.87
er = 2.2

wire radius using in feed = 0.65
GND_L = 80
GND_W = 50

all boundaries set to open add space
delta s = 0.01

the scattering parameter is attached to this reply.

HR Karami

dear sir!
thanks so much for your simulation for meee. my requirements are as mentioned above caz have to practically implement it ..
thanks alot but if i can get ur ID so that i could mail you my HFSS file i wud be very greatful if you culd help mee wid that caz ive to design antenna for

F=2.85Ghz.

- - - Updated - - -

dear sir!
thanks so much for your simulation for meee. my requirements are as mentioned above caz have to practically implement it ..
thanks alot but if i can get ur ID so that i could mail you my HFSS file i wud be very greatful if you culd help mee wid that caz ive to design antenna for

F=2.85Ghz.

Hai every one
i am an engineering student i want to design a l probe feed patch antenna can any one help me

plzzzzzzzz..thanks in advance

To start you can read this file.
I think this is very good for starting.

Attachments

• Chapter4.pdf
    197.2 KB · Views: 120

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back