Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

primitives library for Cadence IC5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutapanaki

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can someone explain how to create primitive symbols for IC5 cadence virtuoso. I have models for transistors, resistors, caps etc. but I don't have the symbols of those to use in the schematic drawing and then to netlist for simulation. I need to create the symbols, but don't know how.
The models are not for spectre.

IC5 includes library analogLib with all analog components (BJT, PMOS, NMOS, resistor, capacitor, voltage and current sources and so on). This library icludes symbols with properties for interfacing to model and simulator (creating netlist). For the beginning it is enough to design schematic. Later you can create your own library, but in this case I reccomend use unified symbols (like in analogLib) for new library. Otherwise you will have problem with schematic if you want to change library in your design.
You mentioned you don't have spectre model. What kind of model do you have (especially for transistors)?

Yes, that's nice. I suspected something like this. Can you explain how to link the specific simulator to those symbols from analogLib. If this is done at all. Or perhaps point me to a document where I can read about all the specifics. There is one more thing - in my models the components are described as subcircuits with a bunch of parameters. So I need the symbols to call subckts. Is this possible with analogLib? The models are for e1do

It is very difficult to explain how to use Cadence in couple of words. Read Cadence documentation
Composer User Guide: about editing properties
AnalogArtist User Guide: about how to setup path to your model library and run simulation
Spectre Reference: about model syntax.
Good luck.

Type icfb &
then goto
Tools -> Library Manager on the Tools menu of the CIW

select basic from Library Manager

here it includes almost every common used basic component.
Good luck

OK, but then how to link it to the models I have?

Just rename the model and the symbol the same name. You have option to simulate by Spectre or Hspice. Which one do you you ?

Neither of them. I have models for eldo. The simulator is already integrated in analog artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back