Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure Sensor Signal Conditioning Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamanoorsai

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I bought a cheap pressure sensor from mouser whose datasheet can be found here:

http://www.components.omron.com/components/web/pdflib.nsf/0/DEFC0948FE2A5C91862577A7005A8099/$file/2SMPP_1010.pdf

The data sheet recommends a constant current circuit for the input and an instrumentation amplifier at the output.

I found a reference circuit in the link below:

http://www.meas-spec.com/downloads/A_Simple_Pressure_Sensor_Signal_Conditioning_Circuit.pdf

I am planning to use the LTC1051 for the constant current circuit and AD620 for the instrumentation amplifier. I would like to know whether this is the best way to read the output from the sensor or whether there is an alternative to this circuit. I am planning to choose LTC1051 from the reference circuit and AD620 since the second half of the circuit looks like a typical instrumentation amplifier circuit.

Also, the pressure sensor is really small and requires SMT soldering. I tried soldering it to a general purpose PCB board prototyping board but failed in doing so. I would like to hear the group members recommendation for soldering on top of a prototyping board.

Are there any low cost sensors apart from this Mouser one that has a linear output and could be used for Medical applications?

Thanks,
Sai

Status
Not open for further replies.