Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure sensor for automatic pumping system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICRO THOUGHTS

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I am going to do my mini project, automatic pumping and water level control.
For the level measuring , i think i can use pressure sensors. But the problem
is , it must be submerged into water.Please suggest some suitable pressure sensors that can be used for this
purpose. We need to immerse it on a water tank( for the demonstration i can use water tank of 0.6 meter length).
So the pressure range of the sensor must be in that range. And i need to transmit the o/p from the sensor through RF transmitter
I use PIC 16F micro controller for this purpose.The sensor should available in India. Can u suggest another sensors for this purpose.
It's very urgent.................:sad:

Hai,
I am going to do my mini project, automatic pumping and water level control.
For the level measuring , i think i can use pressure sensors. But the problem
is , it must be submerged into water.Please suggest some suitable pressure sensors that can be used for this
purpose. We need to immerse it on a water tank( for the demonstration i can use water tank of 0.6 meter length).
So the pressure range of the sensor must be in that range. And i need to transmit the o/p from the sensor through RF transmitter
I use PIC 16F micro controller for this purpose.The sensor should available in India. Can u suggest another sensors for this purpose.
It's very urgent.................:sad:

You can certainly use expensive sensors and a microcontroller.

If you need to control water LEVEL, look into your WC water tank . This is a reliable system keeping water level at FULL. If it gets lower, the floater opens the valve and the level gets again to FULL.
Try to make things simple. You can use a floater driving a switch which will control a pump that will fill the tank to FULL again.
If you need to MEASURE water level, use a floater driving a potentiometer, etc. You can also design the system with two or three floaters driving switches so you know where water level is, etc.

There are a few threads here discussing easy ways to sense water level. Often it is specified that water must be insulated from all electrical parts of the sensor.

It turns out that sensors have been developed which detect water level by capacitance or inductance.

One type is inside a long waterproof tube which is as tall as the tank. The top of the tube is open to the air. Wiring is easily accessed.

Another type is attached to the outside the tank. I think the tank needs to be non-metallic.

Status
Not open for further replies.