Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prefixing the defines in the RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

surisingh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on the Sub System level verification where we have USB30 Host and USB30 Device controllers. We have 2 define files called usb30h_defines.sv and usb30d_defines.sv for Host and Device respectively. In both the files we have 4-5 defines with the same name, for example, we have USB3_RXPIPE define in both defines.sv. I asked the designer to prefix the defines so that it can be used in the environment without any errors. But he says, For the RTL, he can just compile each controller with its own defines and then undefined them.

My question is:
Is there any way to do something similar for the testbench components? How can I use the define if it is not prefixed. I will exercise both the controllers, so there is no IFDEF.

Thanks
Suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back