PowerPCB is good enough compared with PADS 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to do PAB signal integrity analysis

Would you give me some suggestions, which tool is good enough to take care this job?

How about PowerPCB?
Thank you.

Hi EDA_hg81,

Pow*er*P*CB (5.01 not other) are good, 2004 have some new features, but the main difference are on bug fixes in 2004, latest release.

The Binary files generated from each version Pow*er*P*CB (5.01) and 2004 layout are backward and forward compatible, for logic and layout.

For me is a very good choice in starting to manage h-speed signals. Other very good tools for SI manage are Exp*edition, but not simple to learn, and expensive, the same for Allegro. Pow*er*PCB are moore cheaper and simple to learn, but fine.

skywalker.

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you.

I plan to use protel DXP 2002 to finish schematic design, and then use PADS2005 to analyze signal integrity.

The PADS*2005 (s*pac*2 better), are best choice than 2004 or old P*wer*PCB.

If you need to finish schematic. But P*otel schematic have a functional simulation ? After conversion are all data in schematic translate well for use directly in PADS*2005 ? Otherwise you can start in Dx*Designer or Logic.

skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…