Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PowerPCB is good enough compared with PADS 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to do PAB signal integrity analysis

Would you give me some suggestions, which tool is good enough to take care this job?

How about PowerPCB?
Thank you.

Hi EDA_hg81,

Pow*er*P*CB (5.01 not other) are good, 2004 have some new features, but the main difference are on bug fixes in 2004, latest release.

The Binary files generated from each version Pow*er*P*CB (5.01) and 2004 layout are backward and forward compatible, for logic and layout.

For me is a very good choice in starting to manage h-speed signals. Other very good tools for SI manage are Exp*edition, but not simple to learn, and expensive, the same for Allegro. Pow*er*PCB are moore cheaper and simple to learn, but fine.

skywalker.

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you.

I plan to use protel DXP 2002 to finish schematic design, and then use PADS2005 to analyze signal integrity.

The PADS*2005 (s*pac*2 better), are best choice than 2004 or old P*wer*PCB.

If you need to finish schematic. But P*otel schematic have a functional simulation ? After conversion are all data in schematic translate well for use directly in PADS*2005 ? Otherwise you can start in Dx*Designer or Logic.

skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back