Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powering FPGA with 2 layer board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongdori

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to build a simple circuit with a FPGA. I initially thought about building 4 layer board, but later learned that it would be very expensive.
The FPGA I want to use requires 3 voltage rails... I wonder if it would be possible to be done in 2 layer board?
The circuit will have 1) FPGA, 2) USB-UART converter, 3) PROM for FPGA, 4) RS232 line driver, 5) buffers for JTAG, 6) multi-channel ADC

Also, does anyone know where to build a cheap prototyping board?
Thanks,

Thomas

That's a very low quality solution.

Of course you won't be able to use BGA FPGA's. But also, you'll have very difficult time achieving reasonable signal integrity while maitaining stabe power integrity.

I strongly suggest that you go for a 4 layer design.

--signal--
--power--
--ground--
--signal--

shaiko,

Thank you for your reply.
I was afraid because 4 layer board was alot more expensive than 2 layer board. I wonder if there is anywhere i build it in good price?
Thanks,

Thomas

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. The cost of most FPGA's dictate not scrimping on PCB design.

Thank you for your advice. But, the cost of PCB dictates in this design... It's for fun. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back