Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powering Analog Devices DDS AD9852 Evaluation Board ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqasbee4

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
In Analog Devices DDS AD9852 Datasheet it is mentioned that in order to power up evaluation board;
3.3V Vcc, 3.3V DVDD and 3.3V AVDD are required with a common ground.

On Analog Devices website it is mentioned in feedback section that a single 3.3V supply will not be a good option considering noise

I want to ask in order to use Evaluation board are 3 voltage supplies must? or I can use some other solution (Decoupling/Filtering etc)?

Regards;
Waqas

I would have thought that an intermediate "decoupling" board should do the trick. Get your 4 wires, connect the earth wire to a common point, then off to the PSU. each live wire then decouple to the common point via a 1NF disc, 1 MF polycarboante and 100 MF, then feed through a 100 micro H coil to the +3.3V feed. The PCB suppliers have saved a lot of real estate and money by letting you do this.
Should do the trick. If you find you still have a noise problem then you can boost the decoupling for that line.
Frank

Thanks Chuckey
I dont have board in hand right now and delivery will take some time
I will try it once I get the board and then I will get back to you on this

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.