Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronik19

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I would like to design a power supply with an input of 12-230VAC/DC and an output of 12V 100mA (approx.). This design is similar to din rail time relay. Can someone help me since I can't find information from where I can start?

Your task is easier if you design it to run from the usual power source available to you. Is it 230VAC? A popular way to go is:

* step-down transformer
* full diode bridge
* smoothing capacitor.

All components might be scavenged from a discarded clock radio or appliance. You might find you can simply use its power supply as is.

Again, the OP is asking for an AC/DC input. A transformer will not work.

Further, even if it were AC-only input, the 12-230 volt input range is a problem. A simple transformer/bridge will not work. There needs to be some way of dealing with the huge input range. Some kind of buck/boost regulator.

I would like to design a power supply with an input of 12-230VAC/DC
Please confirm that you want 12-230VAC and 12-230VDC as inputs? That would be unusual.

I suspect you mean you want an offline PSU that has 120-230VAC input...and gives a DC output, that being 12V, 100mA?

Status
Not open for further replies.