Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronik19

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I would like to design a power supply with an input of 12-230VAC/DC and an output of 12V 100mA (approx.). This design is similar to din rail time relay. Can someone help me since I can't find information from where I can start?

Your task is easier if you design it to run from the usual power source available to you. Is it 230VAC? A popular way to go is:

* step-down transformer
* full diode bridge
* smoothing capacitor.

All components might be scavenged from a discarded clock radio or appliance. You might find you can simply use its power supply as is.

Again, the OP is asking for an AC/DC input. A transformer will not work.

Further, even if it were AC-only input, the 12-230 volt input range is a problem. A simple transformer/bridge will not work. There needs to be some way of dealing with the huge input range. Some kind of buck/boost regulator.

I would like to design a power supply with an input of 12-230VAC/DC
Please confirm that you want 12-230VAC and 12-230VDC as inputs? That would be unusual.

I suspect you mean you want an offline PSU that has 120-230VAC input...and gives a DC output, that being 12V, 100mA?

Status
Not open for further replies.