Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply sinking capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power supply sinking

Hi,

For the moment I am using a power supply ( custom made ) which uses an OPA2277 to control a
Darlington Transistor ( BD679 ).

Basically the custom made power supply unit is a linear regulator.

So this supply can source my required current to the DUT, but a problem rises if this supply needs to sink a large current ( >35mA). ( Under certain circumstance my DUT sources a current to the power supply unit ... , which can happen during some of the operation of the DUT).

As the power supply need to handle large sinking currents ( +-200mA peak ) I think I need to use an other device than the OPA2277, which can handle these sinking currents.

So does any one know a similar device which can handle this kind of sinking currents?

For the mean I will look on the website of TI for a more suitable candidate, but any tip is welcome

Thanks
E-goe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back