Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply and time (6V battery, 4V device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nullexception

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this electronic component with the following power supply specification

Power supply

Single supply voltage 3.6V – 4.6V,Normal 4.0V

If i have a battery that can supply 6v,for how long can the 6v battery be able to comfortably power the device?.

Is there a formula to calculate the that?.

Battery capacity is rated in Ampere-Hours. It can produce so many Amperes (or milli-amps) for so many Hours.

For instance, suppose your device draws 100 mA, and the battery is 2300 mA-Hr. It can power the device for 23 hours. That's the simple way of putting it. Some batteries have the capacity printed on them. Consider this to be approximate.

Maybe you already know that. Perhaps you are asking whether a 6V battery can be converted to 4V so it can power your 4V device, without too much loss of efficiency? The answer is yes, although it requires additional circuitry. It may or may not be worth the effort after all factors are considered.

Thanks Brad,that helped answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back