Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Amp Rating & Potential Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisG

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Just stumbled across this forum in the hope it can answer a simple (for electronics experts!) question.

I have a Roland drum machine (TD-8) that doesn't have its original PSU. The power input is DC 9v and it states that its current draw is 600mA.

I also have another (different model) Roland drum machine (TD-3) that does have its original PSU. Like the TD-8, its PSU is DC 9v and the connection plug fits both machines and both machines have "outer-positive" polarity on the PSU socket / plug. The TD-3's current draw is 1000mA.

The TD-3's PSU states it is DC 9v at 2.0A. I'm assuming this is 2 Amps? So, finally, my question is: Do I risk damaging the TD-8 (600mA draw) if I use the PSU from the TD-3?

Thanks for any replies.

Nopes !

Infact, it's better to use it :)

Don't worry ! Rock on !

ChrisG

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vsmGuy said:
Nopes !

Infact, it's better to use it :)

Don't worry ! Rock on !
That's great - thanks for that! Time to crank up the volume! :D

Status