Not open for further replies.

akael

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need to get 1V from 5V, it is for an FPGA, Could someone recomend a circuit or IC?.
Most of the DC DC converters that i found work from 1.5V and so on. I found this DC-DC_Step_UP-Down_ZK-SJVA-4X module , which can give from 0.5V output, but i could find the schematic.
I hope can someone help

Thanks in advance

Solution
Regulated 1 volt can be obtained from diodes or led's, with the help of resistive dividers. You may find something workable among these four methods.

View attachment 177560

The tolerances on FPGA typically quite stringent. From an Intel white paper :

Regards, Dana.

Regulated 1 volt can be obtained from diodes or led's, with the help of resistive dividers. You may find something workable among these four methods.

View attachment 177560
These are all horrible ideas. None of them provide any amount of regulation.

Like barry said above, the FPGA vendor typically provides exact reference designs for DCDC converters. If you're not sure, tell us the FPGA's part number.

There's a lot of 5V in, <= 1V out POL DC-DC chips out there, you need to understand step load behavior of the FPGA and it's code to select current and loop response. A config that can go from idle to full thrash ( or inverse) is a tough challenge compared to one that ticks over at a constant clock, low simultaneous switching fraction of core gates.

A good-to-go module can be a good stepping stone until the load attributes are better known, enough to design a lower cost solution for the grimy bits.

In my post #4, for diodes substitute a 0.6 V Zener diode. For LEDs substitute 1.8 V Zener diode. That is, if you can find such a thing. I have not seen them, so I use the equivalent, namely plain diodes and LEDs. They are their own voltage regulators in the range of 1 V.

Last edited:

This is STILL a terrible idea. A "plain diode" e.g. 1N4148, will have a forward voltage from less than 0.4V to 1V, depending on temperature and current. That's a 250% variation!!!! NOT a good regulator.

Thanks to everyone for your answers,
I used the DC-DC converter SY21142 to generate +1V

Status
Not open for further replies.