Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power over Ethernet with RJ45 internal Ethernet transformer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoyanoff

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
He, evereone! I have a problem. I have to create a pcb with a ethernet communication port and power by PoE. Here is the problem - till now I have used TS8P8C-PCB-TRAF ETH. This is an RJ45 connector with integrated Ethernet transformer. But in it the pins needed for PoE have no output pins. Is quite difficult to find separed ethernet tranformer. So can you give me an idea how to do this?
I was thinking about the idea to use 3 RJ connector - 2 without transformer and 1 with. So this way I can connect my pcb to the power pins and again I`ll use the integrated transformer, but this is no a professional aproach.
Thanks!

Hey, TS8P8C-PCB-TRAF ETH can not suppot PoE, so I think you can use a 10P POE type instead of it, like our part LPJ0514GER. It is a 10/100 base-T POE+ type.

Attachments

• LPJ0514GER.pdf
    503.7 KB · Views: 71

Status
Not open for further replies.