Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power on reset -- interview question

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish09

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What will happen if we apply High pulse to microcontroller for more than 2 machine cycle?? OR continuos high pulse to reset pin of microcontroller???

Well for an atmega328 at least I'd imagine it's the same thing that happens if you're not holding the reset button down on an arduino board, or what's described on page 3 of the atmega datasheet. If the controller is powered on and you're not resetting it, then what's the controller doing? I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader... I know very little about electronics and that was easy enough to work out - you should probably learn how to at least do this kind of research if your goal is to be an effective employee...

Status
Not open for further replies.