Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power consumption model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamas888

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

There is a wireless sensor network. And I would like to do a power consumption model. One node contain:

{ {small sensor} ---> {ADC} ---> {microcontroller} ---> {radio} }

Of course it can be in sleep mode. And the energy power is given, for example 6000As.

What should I do?

I think a sensor and an ADC use small current, but should I take away from the battery continuously? For example it use every second 0.1mA. And the same situation in case of microcontroller.. I’ve never done such kind of thing. And when does radio use energy? how many energy does radio use if it send a message on 900MHz with 0.1W? Thanks!!! T

Hi
normally the radios use the energy while it txt or rxv any data.. remaining time it may be off.
it can be implemented by power management algorithm either in kernel or application level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back