Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Posting Issues

danadakk

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I find fruastrating, that edit time << auto merge time, which leads one incapable of
doing edits on an auto merged post.

I think in spurts, type hunt and peck, spell awful (and site sometimes spell checks, sometimes not).

Just trying to be accurate.

Regards, Dana.

Hi, Dana. I've increased the edit time. Thank you!

Hi,

it improved a bit. But it´s far from fluent.
(3 different devices, different OS, different locations)

Still the [Post reply] button works less than half of the time.
Sometimes it loses the whole message and one has to type in all again. Which I simply refuse to do ... so no reply to the OP.
Still loading of a page gets stalled for several 10 seconds.

I would be very surprised if I was the only one who suffers from this issues. Reported several times within the last few weeks.

Klaus

The Admins update is that the server was restarted due 'xyz' reasons (technical stuffs, whatever) and they will be more attentive from now on to give us prompt updates, hopefully.

Hi Luis,

I don´t want to tell the guys how to do their job. I´ve tried to assist and to communicate, but you know it was a one way communication only.

But I don´t think debugging techniques are so different compared to hardware or microcontroller software debugging.
When my microcontroller is to slow, then I debug it. Find out timing, find out data size, find out what caused this.

With the forum I see delays. Most browsers have the ability to debug what´s happening.. to see which process takes how long and uses how much ressources.

1) (data size) So - without detail knowledge - I see many megaybytes to be transferred for each refresh.
--> It´s probably 100 times more than is neccessary for displaying what we see on the screen.
2) (timing) I see that several HTTP requests take way too long time to respond. One can see the names, but
--> I don´t know what the files are for ;-)
3) (who/what?) currently I see 6 members online ... but more than 2000 "guests".
--> To me this is quite an odd ratio. So 2000 “guests” slow down the performance and annoy 6 real members. I can´t imagine this are 2000 real persons. So what are they? ... Is the focus on real members or on so called "guests"?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something is wrong.
If my car feels funny, it's easy to spot a flat tire, but I don't need to fix it on my own.. I don´t have the knowledge nor the tools.
Be honest: If you bring your flat tyred car to the garage .. and they tell you they restarted the engine ... how much trust do you have that this solved the root cause?

Klaus

Last edited:
Just now, another admin member, EastbayA (not involved in programming stuffs) replied there on the staff section promising to be more present here, at least is someone from the magazine scope, wich at first sight take care of the reputation of the products of WTWH brand (I've often seen her publications on Linkedin); I believe from now on, issues like that will be more in their spotlight; anyway, there is no other option than wait to see...Lol

Anyone having loading issues, please hard-refresh the browsers and check if you still experience the issues. Thank you.

My problems are pretty much solved for the past 48 hours. Quicker response to mouse clicks. Don't have to. wait several minutes for my log-ins to take effect. I can uncheck Enable Content blocking in my Safari browser (Mac OS X).

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: