Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Posting limit to prevent hogging by boring posters

fourtytwo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you institute a posting limit of some kind to prevent the boring constant LED & DC-DC gibberish driving everything else off the board ?
The individual I am thinking of cross posts all this rubbish on many other sites too so if you limit them here I am sure they will not feel to deprived, depraved maybe!!

barry

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I think we all know of whom you speak. He's incorrigible.

fourtytwo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Actually I wouldn't mind so much if the post title had a health warning to avoid opening them, I shouldn't complain except there a bit repetitive :)

betwixt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I think of them as someone with lots of ideas but little confidence in them, hence seeking opinions from the more experienced of us.
I'm not convinced that for a low cost product they can't just use a capacitor and bridge rectifier instead of PFC corrected SMPS. Cheap, reliable, does the same job.

I remember a case a few years back of EMC problems with a rather complicated 'superior' battery charger. It did it's job but wiped out every radio station in the neighborhood. When it's output I/V characteristics were checked it showed a linear response, very commendable, but to follow Ohms law like that only needed a single resistor!

Brian.

dick_freebird

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What's wrong with simply not opening the posts from
people you don't care for, rather than playing "Content
Cop"?

ads-ee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What's wrong with simply not opening the posts from
people you don't care for, rather than playing "Content
Cop"?
Another option is to add them to your ignore list and their posts just show up as a blank white box with no content except that the post is from someone on your ignore list. I used this on a bunch of members who would always ignore advice, I've noticed that most of those users no longer visit edaboard.

wwfeldman

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
every board, chat room, in-game chat, etc
has an issue like this
at least there aren't (don't seem to be?) any trolls

fourtytwo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Another option is to add them to your ignore list and their posts just show up as a blank white box with no content except that the post is from someone on your ignore list. I used this on a bunch of members who would always ignore advice, I've noticed that most of those users no longer visit edaboard.
Ohh brilliant it works perfectly!! I am so sorry I had not noticed this feature before, you must be one of the only forums with it ..... thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

every board, chat room, in-game chat, etc
has an issue like this
at least there aren't (don't seem to be?) any trolls
Hooray on the trolls my experience here too and yes I agree many boards have the other issue too.

Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor