Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post-synthesis simulation with ModelSim

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pti_Biscuit22

vsim-sdf-3261

Hi everyone!

Here is my problem : I'm trying to validate the VHDL description of a storage unit which includes 2 SRAM blocks and glue logic. SRAM models (0.13µm technology) are provided by STMicroelectronics vendor through a specific library. The unit is synthesized with Synopsys Design Compiler 2007.03. Actually, it generates a Verilog netlist and a .sdf file (v 2.1). Then, I launch a post-synthesis simulation with ModelSim 6.3g but errors occur during the netlist backannotation step (vsim-SDF-3261). More precisely, it seems that the ModelSim engine is unable to associate SRAM timings within the .sdf file and SRAM entities declaration within the Verilog netlist. Errors occur only for SRAM blocks and not for glue logic. I don't know how to resolve this problem! Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back