Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

POST CARD MOTHERBOARD TEST CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexx

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motherboard test card

hi

iwaan some one to help me to create a PCI POST card to test motherboard computer in simple and cheap creation method

thank you in advance

post card motherboard

All debug codes go to port 80. The following schematic is for a PCI post card using TTL
chips. Convert it to your favorite CPLD using VHDL or Verilog.

One note: It doesn't use a 7-segment Display. You have to add that part which isn't that card.

For more insight check out: An Experiment to Build a PCI Board.

motherboard testing card

thank you very much for this helpful circuit , but iam woundering if theres any circuits using pic micro controller to do such this work ???

i mean using pic 16f84 and join it in to pci card and some litle logic circuits with 7 segment display

thanking all pple here in this forum

motherboard post card

I don't really think you need a microcontroller. The Seven Segment decoder can be done in Logic.

pci post port 80 verilog

ok then how can i attach the 7 segment ? umean adding 74hc164 with common cathode 7 segment ?

canu explain in good circuiit diagram , or if u have the pcb layput it will be better

thanking you in advance

build post test card

ok then how can i attach the 7 segment ? umean adding 74hc164 with common cathode 7 segment ?

You can take the 7 segment decoder part from from this link:
P.O.S.T. Diagnostics Card

canu explain in good circuiit diagram , or if u have the pcb layput it will be better

I really don't want to spell it out, since it sounds like you are doing a school project. In fact it would be easier to buy a Motherboard POST card if you just need one to use.

The idea is quite simple. The 74hc394 Latches that Address and Data lines, (or stores the data on the bus since the PCI bus is constantly changing). Since you only want the debug value, the 74F521 compares the latched data to port address 80h, (you could put a dip switch to configure to other port numbers), and the Led's give the binary code. If the latched data wasn't port 80, the latached data is not outputed to the led's.

Since you really don't want to convert binary to hex in your head, add a decoder circuit to convert binary to hex for a seven segment led. I didn't design the circuit btw.

pci 80h decoder vhdl

thank u jhallows for ur reply , but i need it to use it in my workshop , actually i used to maintain motherboards and monitors behind pSU

ill use an old pci card and ill cut the lines attached to the original circuit and ill attach the logic parts

plz i need the pcb cuz theres no more resourced outhere to do it in CNC and Orcad

thanking u in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back