Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible test multifunction energy metering IC ADE7758?

Status
Not open for further replies.
source code for ade7758

hi roozbeh_s, Can you tell me how you have done the calibration for ADE7758? datasheet says that for Phase Calibration Using Line Accumulation, for example, you heve to apply, ITEST = 10 A, VNOM = 220 V, Power Factor = 0.5 inductive. How you get PF=0.5?. It´s this neccesary ?
thanks

energy metering ic spi programming example

Hello everybody,

I have been working on my project creating a 3phase power meter using Ade7758. Since I am taking some verilog classes, I have used an FPGA board for the communication of this chip. The chip is soldered correctly, and after reading the manual I have done the proper connections based on the program I have written. The program works and shows me some output, but am not sure whether its correct. I believe I am missing some thing in this.

Hence, I am looking forward from anybody with a verilog background willing to help. I will also send you my program and the connections that I have made.

Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:

atmega ade7754

May be you could verify against the default values of some registers to check whether your code is working correctly or not

Re: Anybody tested multifunction energy metering IC ADE7758?

I am trying to apply ADE7758 for measuring poly phase parameteres,I am using ATMEGA8 as spi controller,and i am doing a simple test reading temperature,
the results are not expected,it represents 255 or more than 200 .they are not ambient temperature!!!!
can anyone help?

Re: Anybody tested multifunction energy metering IC ADE7758?

Can you tell me if the sensor at least works when you change the temperature changes?

Maybe you have a problem with your SPI configuration, I had that problem at the beginning.

regards
Alberto

Re: Anybody test multifunction energy metering IC ADE7758?

Anybody provide sample code for ade7753+spi+pic16f877a

Re: ade7758 source code

Hi
i made a multi transducer with this energy meter chip that can measuring Vrms,Irms,active power,reactive power, power factor, active energy and reactive energy, i used and ATmega32 for this project. and i show the result in 4 seven segments.
now it's using in a power station.
please say your problem's details . i will be glad if i could help you.

Can yu provide the basic code for interfacing the ADE7758 with avr microcontroller? I will be very thank full to you.
Thanks in advance..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.