Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Positive Boost using Regaulted Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh.4126

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Below is the Attach file of Negative Boost using LM2576-12 having input of -5v and output of -12v.
If I want potsitive boost having input of +5v and output of +12v.Will I use same CKT for Positive Boost??

Topographically, yes it will.

At the moment the schematic is 'upside down' so the output is ground and the ground is negative. Check the data sheet, I'm sure it will show it in positive boost configuration.

Brian.

Hi,
I am attaching the attachment and on page18 CKT of negative boost is given.Hope after going PDF somebody guide me same for positive boost.

In google search I Found for +5v to +12v using LM2577 IC.Will it work for LM2567 If I make ckt using LM2576.

There are schematics in the data sheets of both devices.

The difference between the 2576 and 2577 is only in the way the switching works. The 2576 is a step down (buck) converter and the 2577 is a step up (boost) converter. Either can be positive or negative depending on how it is wired up.

As you want to increase your voltage, the 2577 is the one to use.

Brian.

1)Its means LM-2576 can't be used for Postive boost +5v to +12v.Is their is any way so that I change my polarity from -12v to +12v using LM-2576.
2)If it would be can somebody guide how can I wired connection using LM-2576 To get +5V to +12v.
Kindly Assist me upon this??

Status
Not open for further replies.