Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

position of waveport in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_azhar_hasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know the practical positioning of waveport for feeding purposes.
I am using Ansoft HFSS software for the design of conical horn antenna.Software is giving desired results if feed is applied at the bottom of bottom of waveguide.

But i think so that
In practical case feed is to be inserted perpendicular to waveguide.

Please provide suggestions for proper feeding of coax.

In HFSS, for the waveport, the energy is fed to the system (or antenna) from outside, so the waveport must be placed at the outer boundary of the simulations box.

For the waveguide (or waveguide feed horn antenna) case, if you set up the waveport at the end of the waveguide, the feeding source is the intrinsic mode of the waveguide, for example, TE10 mode for the rectangular waveguide above its cut-off frequency. So this represents the idea case for waveguide fed antenna.

If you are also considering the coax-waveguide transits, you need to set up the waveport at the end of the coax-cable, and build your coax-waveguide transits by yourself. In this case, the structure will also include the transition loss or other issue associated with the structure.

Hi,

thanks for your help i highly appreciate it but please kindly guide me that how to design coax waveguide transit in HFSS.

thanks.

I think in the manual of HFSS, there are some examples showing how to structure the coax-cable with waveguide port.

Status
Not open for further replies.