Port refinement, process hf3d error in HFSS 15 when I need to define lumped port

Status
Not open for further replies.

kannangk1990

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new to HFSS and I am designing Stepped Impedance Resonator(SIR) in HFSS 15. I have followed a tutorial pdf from Internet(only to know the design steps which does not have the steps to design SIR ) to complete the design in HFSS but during the simulation I am getting the error as

[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error..
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine.

I have taken the solution type as "Driven Terminal" since in the tutorial it is given as such.
I have defined the lumped port since I need to define L and C values also in the port.

I have attached the image of my design.

I have chosen the conductor as copper and dielectric as FR4. I have defined the ground also in Copper and I have made a hole in substrate directly below the part where I need to define the source to connect it to the conductor. since I need to define the source between Ground and conductor I have made this arrangement.

I need to know what I should do to rectify this error?

Thanks.

I'm still fairly new to HFSS but I did have this problem before. Mine was with a microstrip line and if I remember correctly the wave port did not extend fully and touch both conductors.

Reactions: bektur

bektur

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…