Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port of rectangular patch antenna HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

neffi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'm trying to simulate an antenna on HFSS but i don't know which type of port i should use and where to put it.

This is the antenna and how the s11 parameter should look like

1.JPG

But this is what i got

2.jpg

Thanks!

Hello neffi,

Select the circular face at the tip of the coax and assign a waveport, the integration line should be from the center core to the metallic shield. For more information look in this user guide:http://anlage.umd.edu/HFSSv10UserGuide.pdf there's an example about probe feed antenna

Thanks for your answer Nour Nachabe, it was really helpful
Now I have to get this

4.JPG

It's the near field plot but I don't know how to get it for each X and Y component

Reactions: Nuphi

Nuphi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You r welcome, to plot the x and y components you should use the fields calculator (right click on Field overlays to open it), follow these steps to get the X component :1. Select E from quantity
2. Select Phase from function
3. Select AtPhase from complex
4. Select Scalar X from scal
5. Add it and name it
You can then make a surface at the distance you wish to see Ex, right click on the surface, plot fields, named expression and you choose the expression you just defined.
For more information on fields calculator look at : **broken link removed**

Good Luck

Thanks man!
Now my last request is this

5.JPG

Here, like the image says, I have to get the comparison of the cross-polarization levels as obtained from near field to far field transformation of the observation plane (the surface used previously) versus the radiation box for different angles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back