Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popups and slowdowns in my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thudpucker

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have W-7 and a Dell inspiron one.

Somehow I got a Virus/Popup even though I had AVG and something from MS.

I've had a lot of suggestions, try this one etc, but each one seems to bring some other problem.
At one time I reloaded FF and it was fixed. For a few minutes.

It's not as bad on IE but still there.
It interrupts typing and forum selection.

Do any of you guys have a sure-fire cleaner that works?
How about where to look for the source of this one?
PS: forget the **** stuff. I'm way too old for that.:wink:

It is clear that you are facing to some security issue.

I do not intend to expose an opinion on which antivirus is the best, but with AVIRA (free version) I had not that kind of problem anymore.
It is also important to note what sites are being accessed because even the most powerful protection could not be able to detect new versions of virus.
Check if there are installed any firewall software on your PC ( ZoneAlarm works fine for me ) and if there is any router in front in order to perform anymore block.

Proper procedure on formatting and OS installing ensure no security gap were forgotten.
Although it is obvious, the steps I performed bellow were done without any network communication until finished:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/283148/#post1210775

+++

you can buy good antivirus system, ...... saves your system

Install Malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy update and scan. I think the problem will be solved.

Look like Windows is infected with Malware.
I use nothing but the best avast and it is FREE

I downloaded Malwarebytes.
It went through my Dell Inspiron one and a few minutes the BIOS Sign in box appeared.
My PC is unusable now, because I cannot get to the BIOS (F-2, 8, 10, 12) keys in time.

From the Net I got some hints on where to pull a Two pin connector off, and let the memory die.
That didn't work either.
I have the Boot up CD, but the problem is getting the PC to boot to the CD drive.
Anybody ever had this happen?

It went through my Dell Inspiron one and a few minutes the BIOS Sign in box appeared.
My PC is unusable now, because I cannot get to the BIOS (F-2, 8, 10, 12) keys in time.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Win 7. I always have time to press F12 if I want to get to BIOS settings.

On power up it spends about a minute examining the hardware. If I have a USB drive attached, it halts with a message 'the configuration has changed.'

Try hooking up a peripheral that could cause a similar delay.

Have you tried pressing F12 immediately after pressing the 'On' button? Or after pressing 'ctrl-alt-delete'?

I have the Boot up CD, but the problem is getting the PC to boot to the CD drive.

If you can remove the hard disk, then it will look for any other disk to boot from. You could make it boot from a CD that way.

Brad you have more information than the Dell Egyptians do.

I think the reason I couldn't ever hit the keys fast enough is the 'USB Keyboard and Mouse".
I never thought of using a USB Drive to slow it down or stop it from going through the power up diag's.

I'll try the USB First, and disconnecting the Hard Drive second.
I'll have two PC's if I get that Win-7 Dell fixed.:thumbsup: I'll go back to the W-7 right away.

The new one (replacement for the broken W-7) is a Dell with W-8.1.
That mess is one of the industry's efforts to thwart new Users who are over the Drinking age and never had a 'thumb thingy' to play with.
Something created by a 10 yr. old, on Hallucinogenic drugs!
I had problems with that mess from Day one.

I bought a CD by the 'professer' to learn 8.1 It took my PC off-line immediately. I finally got all that programing out of the PC and as you can see, I got back on line.
I wouldn't have suffered so much if MS would have put a tutorial in there somewhere. But "Simon LeGree" still lives on the River. Not the MS river but the river near Redmond Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.