Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

polyphase filter amplitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcv2201

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to configure a polyphase filter using cadence to make a 4 phase output. Between each output phase, the phase difference is 90 degrees, but the amplitude is not the same. How can I make the amplitudes the same? Can you make the same amplitude by sweeping the C and R values? Please let me know if there is any paper on this subject.

Attachments

• poly_phase_paper.JPG
    poly_phase_paper.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 115
  • polyphase_filter_output.JPG
    polyphase_filter_output.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 107

Solution
Complex RC ladder networks are used to implement quadrature phase shift over a wider frequency range, e.g. 300 Hz to 3 kHz speech. Here's the design by Llyod Butler mentioned in previous thread http://users.tpg.com.au/ldbutler/SSBModulator.htm

As discussed previously, the filters implement an approximation with some phase ripple. The more stages you spend, the lower the ripple.

For single frequency, there's no need to use a complex network, just tune RC values.

For a single frequency with #1 post circuit if R1=R2=R, C1=C2=C and R*C=1/(2*pi*f) you will get the same amplitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back