Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Poly branches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICLAY

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IS the poly branches is equivalent to fingers and no. of groups is equivalent to multiplayer

poly branches could indicate the numer of fingers in a device( never heard it described as such) , eg, width =1x 10um or 2x 5um. No of groups not a common name for multiplier.
Grouping is normmally associated with grouping common transitors or groups of resistors or both etc.

Reactions: ICLAY

ICLAY

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have never seen that terminology used. Maybe
you would get better answers if you provided an
example, document snippet or context.

Thank you all for your answers, much appreciated.

it’s 5n documents,I can’t share unfortunately.

it states the two new expressions.Most probably they are as k_90 mentioned

Are you using GAAFET process?
If yes, are you free to choose number of sheets per transistor? If yes, then this parameter might be an equivalent to fingers.

Of course above are only my speculations (I also don't remember to met such terminology).

In principium, all answers you should get from foundry (maybe they provides some tutorials).

Thank you, Dominik, it's FinFET, not GAAFET.
Unfortunately, tech files didn't mention these expressions except in just one slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back