Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Poll: IC design vs. application field

What field do you think is best for working?

• IC design (layout, test, semiconductor fabrication, circuit simulation...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Application (automotive, mobile, consumer, telecom...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepillo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic design vs. it

I see everybody here is talking about companies that design or fabricate ICs, but i think the engineering jobmarket is not just restricted to those jobs, i think there is a vast field in applications, like automotive, mobile, audio, etc.

I have got friends working in Germany in companies such as Daimler, Volkswagen, Porsche, who need electronic engineers to integrate electronics into their products. Others work in automation control, mobile telephones, etc. But i just know a few working on IC design companies or semiconductor fabs.

Don't you think maybe the future for engineers is to exploit the jobmarket of applications? System design is just as necessary as chip design itself, both cannot exist without each other, and there are plenty of companies on both sides who need professionals to work.

Please tell me your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back