Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PNP deviation in CMOS process

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyhsu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All:

Paracitial PNP device is generally used in analog design .But I find it's deviation too large (about +/- 10% when 97% samples cover) . does anyone have the same experience or suggestion when PNP must be used?

Emitter area:10x10um
Process:0.35um/0.5um

thanks..

Could you please elaborate what deviations are u talking about.
Is it Vbe or Is(saturation current)

Yes,it is a general trend that parasitic PNPs varyabout 10 % over the corners. Actually if you look in your SPICE decks, you will see those variations. It all depends on how good a process you are using.

Deviation means "spreading" not process corners differnce.
Out test pattern is to feed constant current(uA) and measure Vbe.

Thanks.

Can i interpret that, your Vbe varies by 10% from sample to sample on same wafer.
And, the samples, are they distributed all over the wafer or are the localised from one area.
And if your Vbe is varying by 10% then I cannot imagine Is varation (for fixed Ic) as Vbe is inversly proportional to natural logarithm of Is ( which we all know well).

Status
Not open for further replies.