Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pmic design methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

suria3

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pmic design methodology

Hi guys..i have questions to be clarified. What is the major difference between board level and transistor level pmic design? I understand at board level you integrate discrete components to develop system. But let say we design dcdc smps buck boost on transistor level.how that will be different in board level? Why needed both level design? I saw job asking for circuit level cmos pmic design and board level pmic design but talking on same block design etc dcdc smps and so on. Please help to understand me on this.*

Thanks suria.

Board level: Realization of such a PMIC design with discrete components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, dedicated PMIC ICs) for integration on a PC board.

Transistor (or CMOS circuit) level PMIC design: Design of such a PMIC circuit for integration on a CMOS IC. Big capacitors, inductors and power transistors usually will be connected externally to the IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.