Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz plz tell me wht is Barell shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

comsians

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Plz tell me about the givn information plz plz

will any body help me

WHAT is Barrel SHIFTER how it works what is its logic Diagram not block diagram

Plz Refer any site which conatain these material or any free site or tutorial or free ebook

plz
Plz tell me as soon as possible

Barell shifter are registers connected into a circle.

one register's output is connect to another register's

input. actually, it's a snake that is biting its tail.

it is used in DSP to realize fast computation for FIR

and FFT.

best regards

comsians said:
Plz tell me about the givn information plz plz

will any body help me

WHAT is Barrel SHIFTER how it works what is its logic Diagram not block diagram

Plz Refer any site which conatain these material or any free site or tutorial or free ebook

plz
Plz tell me as soon as possible

Barrel shifters are transmission gate arrays rather than a series of registers (otherwise known as combinational shifters). It is modified from a crossbar switch layout requiring (n-bit x n-bit) gates. They have the advantage that shifting is carried out over a single operation. The layout is regular and hence highly efficient.

Shifters are just one of the basic computational elements, togather with adders, multipliers etc. Efficient design of these basic elements is especially crucial as they form the heart of every microprocessor, the ALU.

Reference : **broken link removed**

An n-bit barrel shifter is a device that can shift an input word "k" bit positions in one clock cycle, where "k" can be any number selectable from 0 to n. It can be implemented numerous ways. One way is to use an n-bit multiplexer for each bit position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back