Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz give some suggestion about MMIC design procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purian

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
process & procedure of suggestion in hindi

can somebody give some suggestions and consideration about MMIC suggestion?
i think there are so many things to consider,the microstrip length and width, the layout dimension, the interconnect of resistor and conductance, the consideration in the fabracation,even the optimization of circuit is not easy.
can somebody give some useful advices about the whole design flow,and give some suggestion so that i cannt make serious mistakes.
thank you all!

purian

mmic design

Hello purian,

The MMIC design flow starts with the Foundry process selection & choosing right process for right application such as GaAs/InP etc...again HBT, HEMT, pHEMT etc..
in this once again power proceess, low noise process etc...
popular foundaries are OMMIC, WIN semi, Triquint, UMS, etc

Once selected then choosing the proper CAD & library kit, which contains all the simulation models, layout pcells, design Rules, etc..
such as AWR Microwave Office (MWO)...

regarding the microstrip line length, width, layout dimention every constrainet will be defined in the foundry userguide or manual...

The best book to refer on this topic is
RFIC and MMIC Design and Technology (IEE Circuits, Devices and Systems Series, 13) by I. D. Robertson (Editor), S. Lucyszyn (Editor)

---manju---

purian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.