Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plx 2402 amplifier 110v

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I accidentally plugged my power amplifier to an 220v supply then after turning it on it somehow exploded then I I immediately unplugged it. May I know if this kind of amplifier has a fuse on it or what parts or component should I check first.

This model can produce up to 1.2KW of audio per channel so it almost certainly uses a switch-mode power supply. If you are lucky, the fuses and maybe spike protection components have blown, worst case scenario is the primary circuits of the power supply are permanently damaged. It could be a very expensive repair needing expert advice I'm afraid.

Brian.

This model can produce up to 1.2KW of audio per channel so it almost certainly uses a switch-mode power supply. If you are lucky, the fuses and maybe spike protection components have blown, worst case scenario is the primary circuits of the power supply are permanently damaged. It could be a very expensive repair needing expert advice I'm afraid.

Brian.
Thank you very much for replying. I'll be here again after having this amp checked. Wish me all the luck that it won't be in the worst scenario that you'd mentioned cause I'm currently broke 😅

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: