Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Power Amplifier Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

EltonBrasil

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to design a RF Power Amplifier that supports Near Field Communication (NFC - 13.56 MHz). Does anybody has recommendation for this kind of design? I really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

NFC-forum.org tells operating distance is a few cm.
This suggests it works by inductive coupling (magnetic fluctuations) rather than transmission of photons (electromagnetic waves).

Wireless charging is one role for near-field (and a frequent topic at this forum). Source is not a conventional radio transmitting antenna but a coil of wire carrying sine waves. 13.56 MHz appears to be standard.

The receiver is a nearby resonant circuit, tuned to the transmitting frequency. Usually a coil of wire paired with a capacitor.

Data communication is another role. For do-it-yourself I suspect signaling via ASCII code (modem-style) is feasible.

I believe far-field refers to photon transmission (electromagnetic waves). It's difficult to distinguish whether the same amplifier that creates near-field also transmits far-field.

Status
Not open for further replies.