Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls help me in identifying unknown IC in UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdan1234

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which IC is this ????

hello there people ;
i am new to electronics .

i dont know if this question fits to be in this category .

i am copying a circuit of a UPS that run on external lead acid battery.
it has an ic on it...the manufacturer has removed the initials written on the ic , leaving me no way to find out which ic is this ????

is there any way i can find out which IC is this ???

sincerely
dr.dan

which IC is this ????

If you can post the photos of the PCB as clear as possible, or the schematics, you may expect some answers. But anyway, are you sre that the inverter has only One IC?...If it is 16 pin, i gues it may be UC3524 or 3525.

which IC is this ????

If you post the full circuit, some experts may judge what chip it is

Nandhu

Hi,
It would help if you post some clear photos. Judging from previous experience, having seen quite a few UPS design, it is not very difficult to guess which IC it may be depending on the configuration. My best bet would be SG3525 or SG3524. There are other possibilities as well, including 555 and flip-flop, etc, but SG3525 and SG3524 seem most probable.

However, if it is a 28-pin IC, chances are, it could be a microcontroller, 16F72 seems very popular for UPS and inverter circuits.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

here are the pictures of UPS and the circuit inside.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

full body with transformer and heat sinks with transistors on it :

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

i hope it will bring some help for me .....

[/img]

hey,
it doesn't looks like a microcontroller IC
look at the UPS holy crap . . . ****
it looks more like an indian/paki Poor technology UPS
from where u r man ??

it sounds like "LM324" IC check the pins configuration

drdan1234

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
From what I see, no microcontroller is used. The 14-pin oscillator IC, as you can clearly see is 4047. The other one with the name scraped off is a quad op-amp like LM324.
The 8-pin ones are either dual op-amps or dual comparators, eg. LM358 or TL072 (op-amp) or LM393(comparator). Or they could be single op-amps like 741. A look at the bottom side of the board can help.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

drdan1234

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you are right hameed. this one is widely used for home use . for fans and lights only.
Offline one.

and thanks Tahmid. you are the man. You solved my whole problem.

i wonder how come only desi guys came up with the solution :p and no1 else could.

thx again guys

hi
i am sure the one ic is a sg3524 why i am sure ??? because 56 k ristance plz check pin 6 if 56k ristance conected and pin 2 and 16 joined 10k if yes donot scerd and chenge 3524 next the 8 pin is LM358 over lode and low battery plz check pin no 2 and 7 if any one go any relay you cheng lm 358 and last one in ua741 simply check one zener going to pin no 2 and secend zener going to pin no 7 and i think that ic pin no 1 not used plz check our gases ok so close your eyes and puton chenge ua741 use :-D:-D:-D
1)SG 3524N
2)LM358N
3)ua741
lets enjoy
bye :-D

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

if my all gases fail (not possible ) then kindly you send me pcb file i will read track side which pin where go then i give you absolute right numbers of ic's

thanks Quyyom .
i will soon post the track side for more 100 % comfirmation.

460351_415268271817535_1354988625_o.jpgScan Photo250.jpg

this circuit can solve your problem.

Opu

- - - Updated - - -

460351_415268271817535_1354988625_o.jpgScan Photo250.jpg

this circuit can solve your problem.

Opu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor