Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting required waveforms in LTSPICE XVII

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to characterize the transistors for gm/Id design methodology. I am using LTSPICE for it and have the following queries. I hope someone can answer them:

** Can I define a constant capacitance value in LTSPICE such as Cox = 8.5fF/u^2 such that after simulation, I can manipulate the graph to plot expressions like fT = gm/2*3.14*W*L*Cox? If I simply use the magnitude of Cox as 8.5f, though I get the graph, the unit of the Y-axis isn’t frequency (as it should be). The x-axis is Vgs (swept by a dc sweep command).

** As I know, after the simulation, I can manipulate the graph to plot expressions on the y-axis (such as for fT as in above query). Is it possible to plot graphs with expressions on both Y axis and X axis?. For eg. how to plot a graph of fT vs gm/Id (where the fT expression will be on y axis and gm/Id expression on x axis).

Thanks in advance,

Arvind Gupta

Hi,

the unit of the Y-axis isn’t frequency (as it should be)

as you are skipping the unit, you will not get Hz as a result. Here, LTspice does not know you are dealing with Farads, and consequently you are missing your 1/s term ([F] = [C/V] = [A • s / V]).

Is it possible to plot graphs with expressions on both Y axis and X axis?

Have you considered to create an XY plot? Make a RMB click on the x-axis and change the quantity which should be plotted, see below.

EDAboard_XYplot.png

BR

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back