Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting Pioncare Section in MATLAB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckybuilding

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
poincare section matlab

Hi,
I need to analyze a chaotic signal.
Please, guide me how I can plot Pioncare Section of a signal in MATLAB?

Thanks

poincare matlab

what do you mean by Poincare Section , I have used matlab, and I think if you explain it I can help you

poincare section in matlab

Thanks for your reply.

I mean the section that is plotted through phase curve of a signal (for example a three point one) that will show the phase content of the signal and we can compare similarity of two chaotic signal through this plate (Pioncare Section).

I mean I wanna compare two chaotic signal through plotting their Pioncare Section that is the section (cut) figure of the phase curve.

Is this explanation clear enough?

matlab poincare

If I had understand, you would like to plot a section of 2 signals in the same plot (or the phases of both of them). If it is the case send me your 2 signals and will do it for you.

matlab poincare section

Foufou said:
If I had understand, you would like to plot a section of 2 signals in the same plot (or the phases of both of them). If it is the case send me your 2 signals and will do it for you.

Thanks for your kind suggestion. But, if you can please help me to plot the Pioncare ‎Section myself. Because, I am working on a project that I need to change the ‎parameters that affect on the signal that I want to be similar to a special chaotic signal.‎
‎ ‎
I think it is needed to explain more about Pioncare Section that may be useful for you ‎to help me plot it.‎
Pioncare section will be used to study chaotic signals that can not be properly ‎compared in time domain. In this situation, we plot the phase domain plot of a signal ‎that is simple and 3D phase domain plot of a chaotic signal is plotted in first attached ‎figure.(The second figure is its Pioncare Section)‎
Pioncare section is the figure of the section that cut the Phase plot as it (the section) ‎includes more points of the phase plot than other probable sections of the phase ‎domain plot.‎
I have found the Pioncare section of the first attached figure in a paper (that has not ‎declared how the figure is plotted). It is the second figure that is attached here.‎

It is what I can explain about Pioncare Section. And, I'll be glad if you can help me to ‎plot this by MATLAB.‎

How can I do this?‎

Thanks

poincare section in fortran

Hi Luckybuilding, I don’t know your speciality if it is physics or Electronics, I will give you a matlab code that help you to plot this kind of figure and if there is any explanation do not hesitate asking me, ok

At first from your definition of a chaotic signal I have understand that is a king of random signals.
Firstly, if you say a phase Domain of a signal or of a number we understand by it that this one is a complex number (Phase exists only in complex numbers).
Secondly, I think that you mean by Phase Domain, the phase of the Spectral Domain. Coz there is no phase Domain; there are Time Domain and Frequency Domain (known as Spectral Domain). The Spectral Domain is the Fourier Transform of a signal and the Phase of this one is simply the phase of the Fourier transform evaluated by the FFT Algorithm in the case of matlab.

We declare a random signal in matlab by the randn function and this code is:
Sig=randn(1,100); % 100 point of a random variable following the Gaussian Low.
We Compute the fourier transform using fft at 100 point:
Spec=fft(Sig) ;
And the phase of it Spectra is computed using the angle function (Coz Spec is a complex vector):
Phase=angle(Spec);
We plot the result by:
plot(Phase);
And if you wish that the plot seems like the one you attached in the pointcare picture
stem(phase,'LineStyle','none');

And about the 3D phase representation, you should find an other variable to plot 3D. Explain it more and I can do 3D plot using matlab.

I wish I helped you, and if there there other explanation I am hier.

I have a question if you allow it. Are you a student in post graduation, or graduation and from where

Think you

poincare matlab plot

Foufou said:
Hi Luckybuilding, I don’t know your speciality if it is physics or Electronics, I will give you a matlab code that help you to plot this kind of figure and if there is any explanation do not hesitate asking me, ok

At first from your definition of a chaotic signal I have understand that is a king of random signals.
Firstly, if you say a phase Domain of a signal or of a number we understand by it that this one is a complex number (Phase exists only in complex numbers).
Secondly, I think that you mean by Phase Domain, the phase of the Spectral Domain. Coz there is no phase Domain; there are Time Domain and Frequency Domain (known as Spectral Domain). The Spectral Domain is the Fourier Transform of a signal and the Phase of this one is simply the phase of the Fourier transform evaluated by the FFT Algorithm in the case of matlab.

We declare a random signal in matlab by the randn function and this code is:
Sig=randn(1,100); % 100 point of a random variable following the Gaussian Low.
We Compute the fourier transform using fft at 100 point:
Spec=fft(Sig) ;
And the phase of it Spectra is computed using the angle function (Coz Spec is a complex vector):
Phase=angle(Spec);
We plot the result by:
plot(Phase);
And if you wish that the plot seems like the one you attached in the pointcare picture
stem(phase,'LineStyle','none');

And about the 3D phase representation, you should find an other variable to plot 3D. Explain it more and I can do 3D plot using matlab.

I wish I helped you, and if there there other explanation I am hier.

I have a question if you allow it. Are you a student in post graduation, or graduation and from where

Think you

Hi again,‎
About your question, I received my B.Sc. on Biomedical Engineering (Bioelectric) and am from Iran. And ‎now, I'm to follow my studies. You may access my CV through the website below my ‎profile.‎

Thanks for your reply. But, I'm sorry to say that I think you have not understood what ‎the problem is!!! It may be because of my bad explanation.‎

Chaotic signals are not random signals. Although, they sometimes seem to have a ‎slightly random behavior in time domain, they are not random signals really. We can ‎compare similarity of them using a special curve named Phase Domain (State Space ‎in some texts).‎
Phase domain that is declared as State Space in some texts is to separate continuous ‎samples of the signal in groups including 3 or 2 continuous values of the signal to ‎attribute each point of the group to one axis and plot them continually as the M-files ‎attached to this.‎

The plot is simple as you see in the M-files.‎

But the problem is to extract the plate (Pioncare Section) of the Plot that has more ‎points included. If the sections of two chaotic signals have a similar figure, we can ‎say that these are similar.‎
How the section may be plotted through Matlab?‎

Again, thanks for your replies.‎

poincare sections matlab

Hi again,
If have understand, you would like to separate the plate section of the signal i e. the section where the samples value doesn’t change as the figure attached.

If it is the case, send me an example of a chaotic signal and I try to do it for you.

Ah, there no Cv as you sed
Thinks

plot phase space in matlab

Not exactly,

We have a 3D phase domain plot (like as the attached figure & others I have attached before) and we may cat the 3D curve in different directions.

We want to choose the plate that cuts the curve and includes most points of the curve. Then, plot the figure of that section of the plate cuts through the 3D curve to get the figure like one I have attached before.

Also, I attached an example signal(can be imported to matlab workspace). You can plot the phase domain figure using the matlab file I have attached before(Plot3P.m).

But about CV, I meant this file that is linked in my profile(that needs some update):

http://banaie.persiangig.com/Curriculum Vitae.doc

Thanks again

how to construct a poincare section matlab

Hi again,
Doyou have an MSN adress. you can send it to me and then we talk more easily ok

how to plot poincare section in matlab

Unfortunately, I don't use & check my msn regularly (Although I have one [ banaii @ msn . com ])

I usually use my Yahoo or Gmail ID that both usernames are like my profile here ( luckybuilding ). And, these two are more comfortable for me.
Let me know which is better for you.

I'll be glad to talk you.

Thanks

section matlab

Hi luckybuilding,
We will use the gmail one and I will send you a message in it ok
see you next

pioncare

Hi,
Ok, we will talk there..

I'm waiting for your message at gmail (username: luckybuilding).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.