Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plotting dc swept op parameters in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnallahandi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not sure if anyone has run into this issue. I've been trying to plot the dc swept data but it only evaluate the expressions with default value.

I'm sweeping L and trying to see how Rout and gm vary but the tool (ADE with Spectre) doesn't plot the result. My expressions are "OP("M2" "rout") and OP("M2" "gm"). The tool doesn't evaluate these expressions for each dc swept value of L.

Any suggestions or solutions are appreciated.

For dc sweep these values are not normally stored. You need to specify it before you run the sim. You can do this by adding a line "save M1.rout" (without the quotes) etc.., or put all such commands in a file and include it in the simulation.

Thanks for the response. Here is how I did it. Added a similar command to what you have suggested in a separate txt file and saved it with .scs extension. Exact command added is
save M0:gm M0:rout
and then added this file in the model selector form. Also added the following to monitor my results
getData("M0:gm" ?results 'dc)
getData("M0:rout" ?results 'dc)

Then I ran my dc sweep and then I can see the results as a waveform. This is exactly what I wanted.

if youre using MMSIM62 or higher, you can use

save *:eek:ppoint or save * sigtype=all

what's the command to find this piece of information?

Status
Not open for further replies.