Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plot Problem SER versus SNR - obtained different values

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeddawoud

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Plot Problem

Hello,
I am trying to plot a formula in a paper, which plots the Symbol Error Rate (SER) versus Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR). But, I always obtain a curve that is different from the one obtained in the paper. It is of the same shape, but the values are not the same. What are the possible mistakes I did for this to happen?
Thanks in advance

Plot Problem

perhap they might be scaled values

Re: Plot Problem

engr_najam said:
perhap they might be scaled values
Yes, but I double-checked every things, and I used the same parameters as it did, but always not the same. It is confusing.

Plot Problem

send the paper and code to check it

Re: Plot Problem

matlab1983 said:
send the paper and code to check it
Thanks, but I wrote the code on Mathematica, since there are built-in functions available in it, that are not available in MATLAB. But I still can send them to you, and see if we can handle the problem using MATLAB. Do you agree?
Regrads

Plot Problem

i don't know mathmeticaa, also you know all papers done via matlab, however send the paper first

Status
Not open for further replies.