Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please rate the following tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishabkailas

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
expedition and allegro

Hai I wan to rate this tools. and how you say one isa higher end tool

ORCAD, PROTEL,PCAD2002, ALLEGRO, BOARDSTATION & CADSTAR

RISHAB

Re: rate the tools

ALLegro

Please search for other threads like 'best tool' 'what is best' 'what tool you recommend for'

There are lots of threads like this in this section.

Last word of advice, do not take any advice for part time user, experience with any tool is its biggest important feature.

:R

I tried the O R C A D suite.
In my modest opinnion its schematic capture is very obsolete, scripting very limited, and just inside design pages, not in symbols editor, for example.
Quite well integrated with layout.
Possibility to manage component database, very interesting, but also a bit forgotten.
No impressive news in last sofware editions
Seems like if this suite of products were no more interesting for the company.

Hope this helps

rate the tools

it depends on the type of application u r going to use. for high desnsity boards preffer allegro where u have high design contraints etc. for normal design p@ds2004 is better.

binu

I believe P*otel is something good to start with.

amok i think u r new in the pcb design tools

:p protel :cry: very bad i have a very bad experience with it .
:evil: if i click the route her it run there :arrow: .use some standard tools like cadence and mentor. u will never turn back to protel :idea:

binu george

PROTEL, PCAD, PULSONIX, ORCAD LAYOUT, ULTIBOARD, EAGLE, QUICK ROUTE, PCPRO, SEETRAX, BOARDMAKER ....ETC CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH MENTOR, ZUKEN, AND CADENCE EXPERT SUITES
GEORGE

I'm agree with george1.
The best tools are Cadence,Mentor and Zuken, however the price
is important too (I think!!) and about this three CAD I prefer Zuken Cadstar that have many kind of tender.
See www.cadstarworld.com
MKBS

I use pcad. It's OK. If you new in routing world Pcad is good one to start.

Mr.Cube

rate the tools

mr. cube in which world u r. pcad if u click a route the other terminal will run there. if a new preson use this tool he/she will hate the life and leave the topic pcb designing. suggest some good tools like spectra, powerpcb etc.
binu g

P*otel very bad i have a very bad experience with it .
if i click the route her it run there .use some standard tools like cadence and mentor. u will never turn back to P*otel

Protel was the first layout software I worked with. Now I work with Orcad Unison PCB, and I wouldn't ever change back to Protel. Just look at the hardware requirements for Protel 2004, it's a joke. Also it has a lot of unnecessary eye candy that eats up a lot of space on your display.

Stefan

rate the tools

yes mr. stefan u r right protel is simply a show pic for the eda tool
still orcad is not the top end tool try cadence expert suite. and mentor products u will find some thing great. best i suggest try specctra.

binu g

Just looked at protel once and didn´t like the GUI at all...

Also the schematics look terrible with windows fonts...not like a real CAD program (o;

Worked a long time ago with OrCAD under DOS and liked it very much...but now switched over to PADS with PowerLogic as schematics entry...not easy to use and hard to find documents or libraries...but good package if you take layout serioulsy...and they offer several options/pricing models depending on your needs...

If I had to choose between protel and eagle I would rather go with eagle (o;
Small footprint and nice GUI...and also easy to use...right thing for starters...protel is just too much overload...

Never layed hands on pcad though so I´m commenting on this one (o;

rate the tools

davorin do u know how to interface the sch of capture to pads

Hi Binu,

With PCBNavigator from Precience, PowerPCB becomes better integrated with Orcad Capture than Orcad Layout is.

Have a nice day

rate the tools

once the netlist made and updated to layout. now a change in the sch and second time update. can it do that.

Yes it can. You do not even need to change schematic, you can assign decals in pcbnavigator.

rate the tools

suppose there is no pcbnav then how can u do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back