Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Please Identify this PCB Making Software!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sole_developer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, can you identify what software this guy used....(since it has most of the PCB footprints that I require.....)....I'am currently using Orcad Cadence and it doesn't have that many PCB footprints ready (like Zif socket, etc)...or am I doing something wrong here!??? Anyways, can you please let me know what software this guy is using?? THanks again! (PS: there were two files that this guy had with this project, a ".brd" and ".sch" file.....)

Attachments

• Zif.JPG
    Zif.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 153

This drawing was done in Cadsoft Eagle!!!
This is a PICKIT2 Clone!!!
Export gerber in Eagle and Import into Orcad to get the footprint, or just create your own footprint!!!

Last edited:
How exactly would I export the gerber in Eagle.....I have currently designed the circuit in Cadence Orcad, but I can't find the footprints for soo many things (ex: USB connector, zif, etc)...Hence, I thought I would this tool a try. Or do you know a place where I can download the footprints for Orcad?

Thanks again....(PS: I though I was the only one that liked to use exclamation marks!! LOL!)

Thanks guys...actually I'am a newbie to this schematic stuff....Thanks a lot!

Design Spark has Schematic models and footprints at their website for almost all Schematic and PCB designing Softwares.

http://www.designspark.com/

Go to modelsource.

Ok..I visited the website and registered and downloaded the Ultimate Librarian software. When I try to search a component, I still can't download the footprint for use in Orcad. It says that I have to purchase pro in order to download the component footprint......Or is there a software I can use to design my footprints in one form and freely export to others (free or pro), thanks again.

Basically I am look for a footprint for this: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tactile-switches/126751/?source=DS (it is a SPST tactile siwtch!)....

Ok thats it.....I'am switching over to Ealge.....I had just about enough of this footprint stuff.....Ready made footprints...here I come!

A bit late now, but if you use "Modelsource" within "DesignSpark PCB" you have many thousands of RS Components schematic and PCB symbols available.
It is a powerful feature that I use a lot and if the component is not there the buit in Library Manager has some good "wizards" to create what you want fast.

It's unfortunate you investigated the Ultimate Librarian Software which is not really related to DesignSpark PCB or Modelsource, but I'm sure you'll have fun with Eagle which is good for educational use up to board size limits.

Even if you switch over to Eagle you will still need to learn how to make footprints - and make them.

No CAD package contains ALL footprints for every component ever made so you need to learn how it's done.

It's not that hard once you understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back