Please help with booting Linux on Spartan 6 FPGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrodarkness

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I had a semester of embedded systems class where we created and worked with Linux on Zynq7010 SoC. Since I had a Spartan 6 devboard, I wanted to embed a Linux on it.
I've created the Microblaze processor in XPS (see attached .mhs file), and made some tests in SDK - Hello World, Peripheral Test, and Memory Test - and the were all working.
I've created the device tree file (.dts) and created the defconfigs to build Linux (see attached board and config defconfigs).
When I loaded the bootloop in SDK, and downloaded the generated simpleImage ELF file, the Linux started to boot but halted at bootconsole [earlyser0] disabled. Every time I tried to alter something the result was the same.
And something strange: I tried using ttyUL0 and ttyUL1 as boot console, but when booting regardless of settings they both appear ( see boot_log.txt).

What should I check, or where should I start, cause I'm out of ideas?

By the way I'm using the Waxwing board with carrier from Numato Labs ( XC6SLX45, 512MBits of LPDDR).

Thanks in advance,
Aron.

Attachments

• numato_waxwing_defconfig.txt
    650 bytes · Views: 83
  • SP6uB_mhs.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 81
  • waxwing_defconfig.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 81
  • xilinx_dts.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…